Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Before I became a Stampin' Up Demonstrator ... I was a Stampin' Up Customer!

Here are a few cards that I made in the beginning of my Stampin' Up! relationship ... back when I was just a customer!


This was my introduction to the Stampin' Up! card party! The very first Stampin' Up! card I ever made. Lisa J was the hostess of this party with Susan W. as the Demonstrator! The Stamp Set is 'Simply Said' and it is still a favorite of mine!



This is the second card that we made that night - isn't the froggy cute? *laugh* Stamp Set is "Unfrogettable" (oh ya, I thought the toad stools needed a little something so I used some markers to jazz them up! should have left well enough alone! *giggle* live and learn...)


From Lisa's party, I ordered my first Stamp Set 'My Favorite Bear' now retired! On this card I was experimenting with my Water Colour Wonder Crayons! They are AMAZING! I gave this card to my girlfriend Sheila G. for her birthday!


This was my first attempt at a Christmas Card again with my Stamp Set 'My Favorite Bear' (retired). I actually used my 1/16th" hole punch to punch out all those "snow flakes" and glued them on one by one with a glue pen. I know, I'm crazy! *laugh*


I made this card for the arrival of Mr. Jonathan P. Again I used the Stamp Set 'My Favorite Bear' (retired) and this time I stamped the bear 2x and cut out 3 of his legs/paws and put them back with brads so that they moved like a real teddy bear! I also stitched ribbon down the side of the card with 2 paper heart charms dangling (hard to see in the picture) but a cute effect!


This was the first card at my very first party (as a Hostess) Susan W. was the Demonstrator. It amazes me still how different everyone's cards were. Suzan had all 48 Markers in the Stampin Up collection and everyone pretty much coloured their flowers in with whatever their favorite colour combinations were!


This is the second card we made that night! The snow flakes is "Snow Flurries" and the snowman was from another set that isn't in the current catalogue. I have actually made a version of this card a few times since that night


I have other shot of cards that I have made over the years but this last one is one of my very favorites! It was made with the 'Simply Said' stamp set and the FREE hostess set I got from my first Stampin' Up! party! I made it for my Mom to thank her for all the lovely Stampin' Up stuff that she ordered for me for my birthday! She still has it on her fridge and it makes me smile every time I see it because it is nice to see something you've made cherished by someone you love!

I hope you've enjoyed my trip down memory lane? Maybe this trip will someday lead you to your own Stampin' Up! memories?

Have a ball Stampin'!

e

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails