Monday, November 1, 2010

More Punch Art ... Pretty Purses!!!


I've been sitting on this sweet little project for a while too and finally I'm sharing it with you, I hope you give it a try!  I have a friend who has passion for purses!  One of my favorite story about her was her trip to New York and the adventure she had shopping for "discount designer purses"!  With this in mind, when her birthday rolled around I knew I just had to do something with a purse!  Fortunatly for me, there are lots of creative people out there that already figured out how to use punches to make some adorable purses and I used their tips and with a few of my own to create this card for my friend!



The body of the purse is made with the Round Tab Punch (Item # 119864).  If you just cut your punched image in half then turn it on it's side you've got the body for the punch - I bumped it up a knotch by mixing and matching my purses by turning my 1/2 tab punched purse in half and used the curvy part to punch out the top to give my purse that 2 toned look - kinda looks like there's a leather flap at the top, don't you think?  Then use the 2 oval punches (Large Oval Item #119855 & Small Oval Item #119863 )to create the handles and the word window punch (Item #119857) to create the flap (held in place with a heart brad - not SU).  The designer series cardstock was Cottage wall, which is now retired.  You can use any combination of DS paper and card stock that appeals to your eye!  I layered the purses with a small square of designer series paper on a coordinating square of cardstock and using the Corner Punch (Item #119871) on only 2 oposit corners of each square, created a pin wheel design to add some interests.  For the sentement I used the small ovals I punched out fo the centers of the 4 hand bag straps to layer my greeting to add a little pizazz to my card front!

Plain and simple or with a bit of a twist - these little purses can jazz up any project from a card to a scrap book page!  Add some couture to your next project with a hand bag or two!

TRY IT TODAY!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails