Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fun, Furry Friend!


It was my Dad's birthday Oct 26th and I decided to use my Sock Monkey stamp set (Item #111550) to make his card.  The senement is from Heard From The Heart Stamp Set (Item #111644).  The Card stock I used was was 8-1/2x11" Card stock in the following colours:  Early Esspresso (Item #119686), Poppy Parade (Item #119793) and Very Vanilla (Item #101650), the grey is retired.  I used a mini library clip (Item #109857) and a bit of red gingham ribbon (Item #104827) which is a clearance item so will only be available while supplies last.  You could also use the new 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon (Item #119251) in Real Red or a co-ordinating colour of your choise.
This is the inside cover - to add some interest I also stampped the balloon from that Sock Monkey set, and used the banana as a background stamp along with some of the scraps I had left over to layer and create another image.  The string is hand drawn using Early Esspresso marker as well as the personal message on the small piece of Poppy Parade "On Your Birthday"

This card is great for a man, young or young at heart, with a sense of humour or nastalgia.  It could easily be adapted for just about anyone!  Change up the colours and add a border punch to give it a more feminie touch?

If you are interested in any of the items I've used to create this card, click on the underlined link to see an image of the item or go to the Stampin' Up! Costomer page and punch in the code to see more information about the item.  And of course, you can always give me a shout if there is anything you'd like to order *wink*!!

Why not pull out your crafting supplies and try a card like this today!  And please, snap a shot and email it to me!! I love to see your work too!

Until next time .... *HUGS!!*



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails