Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My First Blog

Ok, so I did it! I created my first blog page!

Hi, I'm e! Also known as Erin West. I have just become an Independant Stampin' Up! Demonstrator after using their products for over 2 years. I love crafting and making cards! I hope to display my work here for you to see and comment on.

The most recent card I've made was inspired by a quest posted to the INKredible Canadian's group by Marlayne to find the pattern for a folded dress template! After reading about it, I followed the suggested pathway (Splitcoaststampers.com to Forums to downloads to templates to The Dress) and someone else posted the template with directions, which I printed out and viola, this is what I came up with!


I actually put the dress together on a different background to start with but didn't like the contrast I'd used (I chose a bright blue) so cut it off and started to play around with the Purely Pomegranate but I had done the top with that same paper so of course it just blended in. So then I thought I could try the dry embossing technique on some of my new Velum card stock and presto it all came together.

Once I figure out this blogging business I hope to put up more cards and links to the Stampin' Up! Website and catalogue so that you can see for yourself why I love this so much!

I hope you will come back often to visit me and see what I've been up to.

xxooxx

4 comments:

Josee Smuck said...

What a pretty card Erin!!! I love it! Josee Smuck

Connie Carswell said...

This is beautiful and I love the colours. You first post even matches your blog site - love it!

Great site too, I can't wait to see more great stuff on here!

Connie Carswell

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card - you have inspired me to try it.
Julie M.

Anonymous said...

Great site Erin you are so talented.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails